Ricky M.- Living in the Philippines

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Working Out

I always put off going to the gym. I don't remember a time when I have been able to sustain going to the gym for more than a month straight. I intend to gain more weight and get rid of my large stomach. My friend, who has been a regular bodybuilder has been pestering for several months. He got the surprise of his life when he saw me in the gym last night.

I decided to start again after I had learned a lot from this bodybuilding thread in www.pinoyexchange.com. The thread is in the health forum. Two of the most highly active posters there come from this gym in malate which I was going to enroll in. They seemed very knowledgeable. One of them was the director of the gym. I had taken a look at the gym several weeks back and it seemed quite nice and it was also open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This seemed to fit perfectly with my wierd sleeping schedule. I was ready to enroll the other day, but I noticed that the air conditioning was turned a little low. Then I remembered the director of the gym purposely had done that to minimize physical injuries. Shucks. So instead I started in the usual place I work out, also in malate.

The schedule of the gym there is fine also with me. They close at 10pm on weekdays and earlier on weekends. Hope I sustain working out now. I purposely blogged this event so that it just might 'force' me to continue.

This time, I'm trying to do something different. Before, I would have three sets of around 10 repetitions. My friend told me that the number of repetitions should be less but the weight heavier so that I will be emphasizing on strenght. Sounds reasonable. Yesterday, I worked out starting with 15 repetitions, then 10, then 5. I did this so that the first set of 15 will also be used as my warmup. I'll write again next time after a month, if there there are any results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home