Ricky M.- Living in the Philippines

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ang Tipid! (How Thrifty!)

I have encountered several cases of thriftiness in my life which until now, don't cease to amaze me.

Since I frequent the Malate area, I have friends who text me to ask if I am indeed there and ask where they could meet me. I have a friend though that just 'miss calls'. That would mean that he would want to meet and that I should text where I am. When he does agree to see me, he frequently doesn't even text that he'll be coming. So quite frequently I end up leaving the place early. He then frantically texts to see where I have gone. My other friend, 'miss calls' using his landline. He said that means that i can call him at his landline. Sometimes I wonder if he is just using his landline since he is saving on his cellphone batteries.

My mother is also thrifty. One day she commented on my usage of tissue paper after eating lunch. She said that I should only use one piece of tissue paper. That would be enough. So I asked how about toilet paper, toilet paper is perforated, does that mean that I only use one piece to clean myself? Was she groased out! I even continued, how about the other side of the toilet paper, would she want to fold it so that I would use both sides? Hehehehe.

But currently on number one on the "ang tipid" list is my other friend. I was at his condo unit the other month and asked where I could piss. He showed my his bathroom and said that I could use his "tabo" and piss there and just rinse the tabo when I am done with urinating? He said that he uses that since it saves so much water instead of flushing the toilet.

4 Comments:

  • those "tipid tips" are pure genius. The water saving "piss in the tabo" is an excellent suggestion as well. More people should be as practical and more concerned with the environment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

  • Dont you think its better to just use water and soap rather than tissue?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM  

  • I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • I have fun with, lead to I discovered exactly what I was taking a look for.
    You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have
    a nice day. Bye

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home